How Much Does a Fake Tooth Cost?
Do you need a fake tooth or a set of fake teeth? Not sure how much it’s going to cost you? Fake teeth are specially designed teeth that are generally attached to the jawline through different procedures to mimic that of real teeth in everyday life.
Unlike many other dental services, fake teeth tend to be more expensive than other alternative dental solutions. With so many people visiting the dentist more and more people are getting caught with the cost after the procedure is complete. So how much does a fake tooth cost, you ask?
What Is The Cost Of A Fake Tooth Implant?
Figures vary based on who you ask, however on average, the cost of a fake tooth in more developed countries ranges between $1000 to $3000. Additional costs you may encounter include abutment and crown costs of $500 to $3000. The average total cost for a complete dental implant can be between $1500 to $6000. (see more on dental implants costs in Australia here)
Additional consultations and procedures which may add to the cost include extensive imaging/remodelling, extractions and bone grafts. You may see the cost increasing in price anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000. Your dentist should be able to give you a correct pricing for the procedures required. Insurance can also affect the cost as seen at privatehealth.gov.au.
What Factors Are Considered In The Price Of A Fake Tooth?
The cost of a fake tooth implant varies depending on a few factors. These include:
- The dentist you’re visiting and how many surgeons are involved in the procedure.
- How many teeth that need to be replaced.
- Whether you have insurance that covers the procedure.
- The type of procedure and implant needed.
- The location of the tooth that needs replacing.
- The number of implants to support the replacement teeth.
- Your geographic location. (Some places are more expensive than others).
- Initial procedure preparation such as CT scans or X-rays.
- The brand and material used to create the teeth.
- Complexity and time it takes to complete the surgery.
How Much Does A Bridge Cost?
The price of a tooth bridge will differ depending on the amount of teeth that’s required. For example, a 4 tooth bridge which mounts upon two separate implants can range anywhere up to $4000 without the inclusions of other combined fees.
A 2 to 6 implant with dental bridge can cost anywhere between $3500 to $5,000 depending on the work which is required. This is due to the complexity of the implant, how it looks, and where it positions within your mouth. A survey conducted by Choice.com.au shows some of the additional costs involved.
Dental Implant Cost By Country
The cost of dental implants vary from country to country,
Australian patients often travel abroad to seek more competitive prices on dental implants, often to Thailand. Read more about dental tourism here.
Advantages Of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer many advantages for those who need them. These advantages include, but aren’t limited to:
- They appear and function like regular teeth.
- Durable and permanent in design.
- Require less maintenance than other alternatives.
- More cost effective over the years to come.
- Comfortable fitting design
- Natural in appearance.
- Don’t generally require any modifications to the adjacent teeth.
- 95% success rate.
What Are The Success Rates Of Fake Dental Implants?
The success rate of a fake tooth implant is around 98%. This is determined by how you care for your new teeth after the surgery has occurred. Some factors that can help the surgery become successful include:
- Proper cleaning of the teeth after eating.
- Quit smoking and drinking.
- Maintenance of good gum health.
If you feel your new fake tooth doesn’t fit properly or you’re having problems with it, seek advice from your dentist as soon as possible.
Teeth are an important part of life and without them it’s hard to eat. The cost of a fake tooth will vary depending on many factors as seen above. If you have any questions about this article or any of the information, please comment below.
To get an accurate pricing of a fake tooth, it’s best to consult your dentist. They can give you the best price based on the type of work that’s required with your teeth replacement. Read more about dental procedures and costs on the Dental Guide Australia.